Numerous skincare and beauty products and line exist in the market. Different target customers, different components — there are matte and satin; there are for oily skin and for dry skin. However, if there was one thing I absolutely love among all these varieties, it would have to be the beauty products with organic components, to be specific, the aloe vera gel. Going organic way has always been a top recommended method of taking care of your skin. And given all its benefits and medicinal properties which I will further talk about later.
Moreover, I will also give you my very own guide to scoring the best aloe vera gel for all your beauty needs.
|best for face|
|Green Leaf Naturals||best for hair|
|Earth’s Daughter||good for acne|
|ArtNaturals||good for spots|
|Radha Beauty||good for hair growth|
- Moisturizing for skin, hair, and cuticles; Great for after sun skin...
- Use as after shave, hair gel, or leave in conditioner; also great for...
- Thin gel absorbs quickly with no sticky residue, leaving skin silky...
- Premium quality ingredients; No parabens, dyes or fragrances, Vegan...
- Manufacturer's Guarantee: 100% money back guarantee, no questions...
The Amara Beauty is great at being a moisturizer for a variety of reasons. One, it comes with a thin consistency which means it contains only a few amount of the thickening agent. It also comes with a level of 99.75% purity and contains no color. This means, there was no dye used.
The preservatives used are the usual safe substances which makes this a fit for people of all skin types, even for those with sensitive ones.
- QUALITY COUNTS - made from REAL aloe leaves FRESHLY CUT from...
- PURE and POTENT - cold pressed for maximum potency retention and...
- EFFECTIVE - freshly harvested and processed without heat to retain...
- NO RESIDUE - no carrageenan or seaweed extract (agar) thickeners...
- NATURE'S MIRACLE PLANT - use daily to soothe and moisturize your...
The Green Leaf Naturals Aloe Vera gel is excellent for it is 99.7% pure and organic, making it deal for those with sensitive skin. What is more is that this Aloe Vera gel is free from paraben or other petrochemicals and does not contain any alcohol or dye for color. In result, it makes it easier for you to rub the product onto your face without blocking your pores or leaving you with an uncomfortable sticky feeling.
Furthermore, this product does not test on animals or anything that involves inducing pain or cruelty on animals which make them totally environmentally friendly and cruelty free. In terms of packaging, it is located in a tinted flip bottle which gives you easy access without allowing any maximum chances of oxidation.
- Pure Aloe Vera Gel - 100% natural, 99.75% organic Aloe Vera Gel; no...
- Soothes and hydrates dry, itchy, and/or irritated skin and sunburn;...
- Absorbs into your skin and hair rapidly without any oily or sticky...
- FREE e-book with the best DIY aloe uses, get great ideas for you and...
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE! – Earth’s Daughter gives you a 100%...
This product which comes in a 12 oz-sized bottle is 99.75% pure Its main thickening agent is Xanthan and uses only safe substances as means of preservation. Its packaging and bottle also comes in a bottle specially formulated to prevent oxidation. Moreover, it’s cold pressed and also organic.
- Art naturals' aloe Vera gel is artisanal quality organic and...
- Aloe Vera gel has multiple therapeutic benefits, including skin/scalp...
- Aloe Vera gel's skincare benefits include reducing signs of aging,...
- Used on hair, aloe Vera gel conditions and promotes healthy hair...
- All ingredients meet art naturals' 100 percent natural standards
The Aloe Vera gel product of ArtNaturals comes with a claim that it is a 100% pure product. However, in order to be preserved, it contains a variety of other ingredients. The main agent or substance used is Xanthan and comes with contents of Vitamin B 12 which greatly helps in the regeneration of your skin cells. This product comes in a tinted bottle which makes it protected against the harmful UV rays of the sun.
The Radha Beauty Cold Pressed Aloe Vera gel comes in an 8 oz bottle. This is my usual pick when it comes to sunburn. It’s cold pressed and organic, as well, making it ideal for people of all ages. It provides an instant cooling effect and immediate relief upon application onto the skin. It also comes with a pump style bottle making it easy to use. Moreover, its texture does not leave any sticky or uncomfortable feeling.
How pure is it?
It is easy to get duped with taglines like “made with 100% Aloe Vera” or “contains 100% Aloe Vera”, however it can simply just be a marketing ploy designed to entice you. To make sure that you aren’t being fooled, go over to the list of ingredients and spot if the first on the list is the Aloe. If not, it means majority of the product isn’t even Aloe.
What color is it?
The substance manufacturers use to put color has a major tendency to also contain some more additives that are otherwise unnecessary or even, harmful to the skin. The excellent aloe vera gels are usually clear or have less noticeable colors.
Is it organic, vegan, and natural?
Skin covers up our entire body which makes it the largest organ in the entire human system. This also means it is porous, meaning it does not have any capability to filter out the substances we put on our skin and just basically absorbs everything. Consequently, we would not want to put any product that contains harmful ingredients. Try to look at the ingredient list and spot if there’s any harmful substance on the list.
How thick is its consistency?
Aloe vera gels contain a lot of water. In result, its original consistency is very thin and runny. Manufacturers and companies, then, turn to additives as a thickening agent. However, the more it contains a larger amount of the thickening agent, the more it contains unnecessary substances for your skin. Instead go look for those with a medium consistency for balance.
Benefits of Aloe Vera Gel
1. Makes for an excellent moisturizer
Aloe gel is gathered from the Aloe Vera plant. This equips it with unique organic medicinal properties. Aloe Vera is also specifically a match for people with dry skin. Aloe Vera gel, unlike some, does not clog pores nor does it leave any sticky feeling on the skin. This, in return, makes it also a good match for those with oily skin.
2. Good acne treatment
Aloe vera gel contains two special hormones that contains anti-inflammatory properties and features which can effectively heal wounds. These are the Auxin and the Gibberellins. The latter which acts as a growth hormone inside the aloe vera aids in the stimulation of the growth of new cells. It helps the skin heal quickly with only minimal signs of visible scars.Moreover, one of the properties of aloe vera is its soothing ability and the ability to reduce inflammation, itching or blistering in the skin, all while also helping the skin heal in a swifter motion. In addition, aloe is also used to effectively treat chronic skin problems like eczema, acne and psoriasis among others.
3. Good treatment for sunburn
One of the powerful and magical medicinal properties of aloe vera is its amazing ability to heal at the epithelial level of the skin which is a layer of cells that cover the body. Furthermore, aloe vera acts as a protective barrier of the skin and aids in the replenishment of its moisture. Due to aloe vera’s anti oxidant properties and healing quality, the skin is more capable to heal in a quicker motion.
4. Makes for a good anti-aging beauty product
There are a lot of signs of aging we all would like to avoid. As we begin to grow older, fine lines will start to show and other signs of the loss of elasticity of our skin. But fear not, because aloe vera also has your back. It also contains a variety of other anti oxidants that aid in the restoration and improvement of the skin’s firmness and helps the skin stay replenished and hydrated. This can include beta carotene and Vitamin C among others.
5. Reduces the prominence or visibility of stretch marks
The skin has a natural elasticity. This is so that the skin can accommodate growth and can stretch and expand for as long as it needs to. However, once the skin stretches excessively and in a dangerous swift motion that may be due to rapid gain or loss of weight or pregnancy, the elasticity of our skin will be afflicted. As a result, stretch marks appear.
How to Apply the Aloe Vera Gel for Best Results
- Wash your hands properly. Use a hand wash or a soap and rinse thoroughly with either warm or cool water. Pat dry with a clean towel or tissue.
- Using your fingers, apply a good amount of the aloe vera gel to your hands. Rub the product onto your skin for about a minute. Every once to twice in a week, rub the product with an exfoliating pad, instead. Aloe Vera contains exfoliating properties that can get rid of the dead cells on your skin.
- After rubbing it onto your skin, let it sit dry for at least half an hour. I would advise against sleeping without rinsing though. Aloe Vera can stretch out your skin and can leave you with an uncomfortable feeling, once it dries up.
- Rinse off your face properly with warm water. Remember, don’t use hot water. Just warm is enough. Gently pat your face dry with a clean towel or tissue. You can follow it up with putting in your moisturizer next.
Aloe Vera Gel: Benefits For Skin Care & More | Frequently Asked Questions
And the winner for this review roundup will definitely go to the Amara Organics Aloe Vera Gel from Organic Cold Pressed Aloe. For one, it is 99.75% pure. This is because it has a thin consistency which means it has less amount of the thickening agent and it also has no color. These all mean it has little to no added unnecessary substances.
Second, it’s cold-pressed and organic. Third, it comes with a bottle specifically designed to preserve the product from being exposed to UV rays. And third, it contains only safe preservatives and even contains antibacterial properties designed to help prevent acne.