Getting professional facials and skincare treatments can really rack up your budget. If you want to look like you’re doing all the treatments, but save the money you would have spent, you need to check out my guide on how to find the best microdermabrasion machine! These machines are used at home to give you fantastic facials that rejuvenate your skin to remove wrinkles, spots, and rough patches. The trick is finding the best machine for you.
What is a Microdermabrasion Machine?
It may not sound like a pleasant process, but microdermabrasion is nothing to be afraid of. It’s the process of removing the topmost layer of facial skin, while stimulating the “wound response” in your body. What this does is make your body replenish the new skin more quickly, giving you a youthful, soft, and even face within just a few treatments. By using the machine around once per week, you can get consistently soft and smooth skin on your face, without any blemishes to be seen.
Using a Microdermabrasion Machine at Home
It can take some skill to learn how to use one of these machines at home, but you should get the hang of it quickly enough with practice. All you need to get started is your machine and a nice moisturizer to use after each treatment. Simply rinse your face off, pat dry, and begin running the wand evenly over the areas you want to treat. After you’re done, rinse again and moisturize to keep down any potential irritation.
Essentially, microdermabrasion is a more intense exfoliation you can do at home. It helps you get a nicer complexion without going to the salon once a week. While you can get it done professionally, you can also pick up a machine and do it yourself, or ask a friend to do it for you. It’s a simple process that only takes about 30 – 50 minutes once per week. But, the results are fantastic skin you never imagined!
How to Choose the Best Microdermabrasion Machine?
What separates one microdermabrasion machine from another? Here are the main factors to look at, and how to choose between different machines:
– Machine Type
There are two types of machines. You can get a diamond tip machine or a crystal machine. The crystal machines are the most commonly seen right now, since they are the original type. They work be spraying a stream of microscopic crystals at your skin, which strips away the top layer of skin. While crystals are being sprayed, they the wand also suck up the discarded crystals, dead skin cells, and dirt to discard later.
Diamond tip microdermabrasion uses a rough industrial diamond wand tip instead of crystals. So, rather than a spray of crystals, you’ll use a rough tip almost like sandpaper to rub the skin away. It also has suction to remove dead skin and dirt as it goes.
Crystal sprayers are cheaper on the outset, since they are older technology, but you will have to pay for new cartridges of crystals to use each time. Diamond tips can be reused for a while, as long as you’re cleaning them well to keep away any bacteria.
– Power Levels
The power of the suction and other actions of the machine are an important factor to consider. Spraying machines can be adjusted to different power levels depending on what your skin needs and how much irritation it can take. A highly adjustable machine is useful if you aren’t sure what power level you need or if multiple people will be using the one machine.
For diamond tip machines, you can look for different levels of suction, based on what you will need for your facial skin. Higher levels of suction may irritate sensitive skin more, although they can be good for making a stronger healing response.
– Accessories and Options
Many machines come with extra options and accessories that can sweeten the deal. If you’re using a diamond tip machine, an assortment of tips in different roughness can be a great asset. Being able to switch wands may also be helpful. Check out what else might be included in the package deals to help you compare two similar machines. Use this as more of a tie-breaker than a main point.
It’s generally considered safer to use the diamond tip machines rather than crystal machines. There are two reasons for this. First, the crystals may get into your eyes if you’re not careful, which would be painful and could cause strong irritation.
Secondly, diamond tip machines don’t release any sort of particles. The stray crystals may something avoid getting sucked back up into the discard bin, and you might accidentally ingest them or leave them on your skin, both of which will potentially cause a lot of irritation.
The one thing about diamond tip machines is that you much cleanse them thoroughly after every use, or you will risk spreading facial bacteria around your skin next time you use the machine.
– Ease of Use
Most people tend to find diamond tip machines easier to use once you’re used to them. That’s mainly because you can put them over your whole face and other parts of your body without worrying about stray crystals. You do have to learn do use it with consistency in pressure and speed if you want the best results.
Crystal machines may be a little quicker to use, but you can’t use them around your eyes or too close to your nostrils or mouth. That may make them too inefficient for you to want, although they are perfectly fine for general facial skin and the rest of your skin.
Both types of machines require their own maintenance routine. Crystal sprayers need to have excess waste discarded after each use, and have to be rinsed off. You’ll have to refill the crystal cartridges to be able to use this type of microdermabrasion machine.
For a diamond tip machine, you’ll have to wash it and cleanse it after every use. You will also need to discard the dirt that’s suctioned up.
Top 5 Best Microdermabrasion Machines for Your Home
- “THIS SYSTEM HAS TAKEN 10 YEARS OFF MY FACE!” Did you know that...
- GET GORGEOUS SKIN WITHOUT PHOTO FILTERS… Do you want to take...
- EXPERIENCE CLINICALLY-PROVEN RESULTS— If you are looking for...
- BE SAFE— GET MICRODERM GLO! Microderm GLO is the only at-home...
- ENJOY OUR “SOFTER SKIN IN 4 MINUTES” GUARANTEE— Did you know...
A simple diamond tip system, this machine lets you make small adjustments that can give you better results as you go. You can increase or decrease power at the push of a button, and easily pause the session without powering off the machine if you need to take a quick break.
Microderm GLO’s product is FDA certified and comes with a 30-day money back guarantee in case you aren’t satisfied with the results of your home microdermabrasion. On the display screen, you’ll get recommendations on how to use the device on different parts of your face.
- Comes with 20 replacement filters, cleaning brush, carrying pouch, and 2 diamond tips
- Easily portable, handheld device
- Switch between 3 suctions strengths to get the best for your skin
- Small and easy to clean machine
- Good value for the money
- May leave marks for a few days after first use
- Some settings may be too strong
- Upgraded Pore Vacuum: Professional blackhead remover has 5 strengths...
- 5 Strength Levels: Exactly designed for all kind of skin types. No...
- Effective and Safe: Clean blackhead in a physical way, non-irritant,...
- How To Use: 1.Open your pore, apply the steamer device or hot towel...
- We Promise: 100% money back warranty for 30 days.1-year warranty. All...
An easy to use device, this handheld diamond tip microdermabrasion machine is waterproof and fits nicely into your hands as you’re working with it. It has three different tips that you can switch between, based on your skin. You can adjust the suction power level using a plus or minus button to get that to the best level as well.
Once you’re done with each treatment, you can place the device back on the charger to get it ready for the next session. Because it’s a recharging handheld device, you can travel with it wherever you’re going and avoid having to plug it in to use it.
- Strong suction is great for removing dirt from your pores
- Can be recharged from any USB port
- Includes 4 diamond tip heads, 2 charging cables, and the device
- Great for skin exfoliation
- May cause red marks or bruises after first use
- Some people may not find the suction powerful enough if they’ve been using microdermabrasion already
- It provides a Non-Surgical skin resurfacing procedure by using sterile...
- This procedure removes skin debris, scars, blemishes, wrinkles and...
- Includes TWO DERMABRASION STAINLESS STEEL HANDLES. 9 PC DIAMOND TIPS...
- Also includes 360 cotton FILTERS (6 bags x 60 filters per bag) (240...
- Include Two cylinder-like plastic oil filters. Dimension:...
Made from solid materials and built to last, this microdermabrasion machine is great for at-home facial sessions. It’s designed to be easy and intuitive to use, but gives you enough options to customize the experience as you may need to.
Nine diamond tips are included in the package, as well as a set of cotton filters and 2 stainless steel handles to help you use this machine immediately.
- One year warranty for the machine + lifetime parts support
- Includes diamond tips from very fine to coarse
- Easy dial controls for adjustments
- Simple cleaning routine after each use
- Useful for your home or a salon
- Filters may not stay in place very well
- Bulkier machine that is not as easily portable
- Exfoliation-- Removes dead, dull skin for smoother, softer skin
- Vacuum Suction- Activates skin for a revitalized glow
- Absorption- Supercharges skin care benefits
- PMD,Personal Microderm, Microderm, Anti Aging, Microdermabrasion
- Adapter: US 110 Volts
This is a crystal system that works by using crystals on a pad filter, rather than spraying them out. It’s similar to a diamond tip, but uses crystals instead for a different result. Just run it along your face with the pads pressuring on your face evenly, and you’ll notice the results after use.
To help you learn how to use it, you can try out the training pad before you start using the regular crystal filter pads. Each pad can be used multiple times, so you won’t need to worry about replacing them after every time use of the machine. Instructions are included to teach you how best to use this machine for beautiful skin.
- Works gently to keep your skin healthy and happy
- May help to hide scarring on your face
- Can minimize the appearance of pores
- Adjustments let you choose the best exfoliation for your skin type
- Good customer service from the manufacturer
- Should not be used more than once every 4 – 5 days
- Some of the pads don’t make contact on your skin well enough
- DON'T LET AGE DULL YOUR SPARKLE: Buff away facial dead skin & promote...
- DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED: MicrodermMD treatments are clinically...
- EASY TO USE: The auto mode feature on the Microdermabrasion machine -...
- REVOLUTIONIZING SKIN HEALTH: Trophy Skin is a leading developer of...
- 60-DAY GUARANTEE: All devices and panels have been carefully tested...
Equipped with a mirror to give you a good look at what you’re doing while you’re working, this machine is designed to help you get your best skin yet. It uses diamond tips to help you exfoliate your skin and create a healing response to build up beautiful new cells. You can adjust between different suction power settings to help your skin stay comfortable.
It's easy to pack this machine up and travel with it, although you will need a plug to make it work as it’s not a rechargeable unit. All your accessories can fit into the kit nicely, making it convenient to store when you’re done using it for the day.
- Kit comes with 4 different tips, two suction heads, filters, and a cleaner brush
- Helpful LED display guide takes you through the whole facial routine
- Filters are easy to replace
- 8 levels of suction power to adjust
- Warranty of 3 years is offered
- Hard to get replacement parts to fix the machine if it fails
- Not compatible with harsh retinol products or other strong acne treatments
- Some suction settings may be too strong and leave marks
From the machines I’ve talked about here, I would like to recommend the Microderm GLO as the best microdermabrasion machine. It’s easily portable, has powerful enough suction, uses durable diamond tips, and comes with all the accessories you need to use it for a long time without buying anything new. Others on the list also meet this criteria, but I feel that the Microderm GLO nails it on all the important aspects, so this treatment at home would be as close as possible to a spa treatment.