Bruises are a daily occurrence and could occur for a variety of reasons. The most common cause of bruising is the application of blunt force onto the skin’s surface, rupturing the blood vessels at the surface of the skin. The force is enough to just rupture the blood vessels at the skin’s surface without breaking the skin itself. A bruise is also known as a contusion.
- HAVE YOU BEEN INJURED? BRUISED? OR SIMPLY BRUISE EASILY? Either naturally or from medications like blood thinners or other medications? – WE’RE GLAD WE FOUND YOU, & YOU FOUND US!
- WebMD RECOMMENDED - NATURAL, EFFECTIVE, & SIMPLE TO USE! - We've taken WebMD recommended ingredients (ARNICA & WITCH HAZEL), combined them in the right proportions and added just a hint of age old menthol to create the most effective bruise treatment on the market. The power is created by several years of testing to find the right combination of these fantastic ingredients. We are the only product on the market that combines ARNICA & WITCH HAZEL.
- 100% SAFE & NATURAL, PROVEN TO WORK. –Bruise Treatments are NOT created equally. Many contain just Arnica and others don’t use natural ingredients and include “parabens”, like methylparapen or propylparaben – these are preservatives that may have links to some forms of cancer!
- IF YOU DON’T NOTICE THE BRUISE HEALING PROPERTIES AFTER APPLYING IT TO A FRESH INJURY 3 TIMES A DAY FOR UPTO 7 DAYS, WE’LL GIVE YOU A REFUND!! - Give it a try. If you don’t like it or aren’t experiencing the results you expected…we’ll give you a 100% no-questions-asked refund. We stand behind our product and know that you’ll love it.
- WE’LL PROVE WE’RE THE BEST BRUISE TREATMENT ON AMAZON! -There's all sorts of products claiming to do what we do…but can you really trust them? Are they pharmacist developed? Do they have a money-back guarantee like ours? Try our natural, proven cream. It’s the best selling BRUISE CREAM in Canada and now via AMAZON available finally in the USA!!
Do you have an event to attend and don’t want to be seen sporting a bruise? Or the bruise makes you uncomfortable? Don’t worry, this article will show you how to get rid of bruises easily. The major factors that influence how easily you can get bruised are:
- Medical condition
- Sun exposure
Keep on reading for a foolproof method you can use to get rid of bruises.
What Do You Need
Apply a Cold Compress
For this step you will require an ice pack, or a bag of cold peas, just a really cold compress wrapped in a cloth. This should be done as soon as possible, immediately your skin gets bruised. A cold compress reduces inflammation from bruising.
- Wrap the cold compress in a cloth, like a towel or a t-shirt
- Apply it onto your skin with minimal pressure
- Leave the compress on for 15 minutes out of every hour. Applying the cold compress for a longer period can lead to frostbite.
Elevating the bruised area is also important for fast healing. Elevation prevents the pooling of blood to the bruised area thereby reducing the rate of discoloration. This is especially useful for the appendages. If you have the bruise on your leg:
- Settle into a resting position i.e. sitting or lying down and prop your leg up with a pillow. Your leg should be propped up in such a way that it is higher or levelled with your heart. This way the blood will not be able to pool there.
- If the bruise is on your arm, you can do the same thing. Sit down or lie down, and support your arm with a pillow. Place it at a level where it is at par with your heart or higher.
This step will not be possible if the bruise is on your torso, unfortunately. So, you will have to make do with just a cold compress.
If you are in pain due to the bruise, it is recommended that you take a pain killer. The recommended pain killers to use in such a situation are ibuprofen or acetaminophen. You can also ask your primary care physician or the pharmacist for a viable substitute other than these two.
PRO TIP : It is not recommended to use aspirin to relieve the pain. This is because aspirin is a blood thinner and has the ability to lighten your blood, and increase your blood flow. This will prevent the clotting of your blood vessels and increase the blood flow to the bruised area of your body, thus making the bruise worse and increasing discolouration.
Take it Easy
After completing the above stated steps, it is recommended that you give yourself a break from any strenuous physical activity. You can laze around by watching a movie, reading a book or relaxing; or you might as well just take a nap. Physical activity will keep your muscles working thus increasing the blood flow to your body, especially the bruised area.
However, getting some rest slows your heart down, and reduces your blood pressure, and subsequently blood flow.
See the Doctor
If you have undertaken the above-stated steps and there has been no considerable relief gotten, it is advised that you go see the doctor. Bruises are not usually indicative of a serious medical condition or illness; however you have to err on the side of caution and seek proper care. See the doctor if:
- The bruising does not get better after 5 days
- You keep getting bruised without any fall, bump or trauma to your body
- There is pus forming on the bruise which is an indication of an infection along with a fever.
- You feel severe pressure around your bruise, which could be a symptom of compartment syndrome. This is a serious condition and could end up being fatal.
How to Care for a Bruise
Following the above steps is critical for fast healing and relief from a bruise. However, there are other things you can do to help your healing process which won’t require so much from you. They are:
1. Sun exposure
The exposure of your bruise to ultraviolet rays of the sun is an effective way to breakdown clotted hemoglobin which is the cause of the discoloration on your skin. Exposure for 10 – 15 minutes a day should be adequate to reduce the skin discoloration.
This is something you can do while idle. You can get some mentholated balm, apply it to the bruised area and lightly massage it. Massage it in such a way that the pain does not become exacerbated. You want to help clear away the build-up of blood in that area. If the bruise is too painful to touch, abstain from massaging the area.
3. Apply vinegar
Mix some vinegar with warm water, and slowly massage unto the bruised area. The aim is to improve blood flow to the surface of the skin, this will in turn clear up the blood build up and fasten the healing process.
Bruises are quite easy to take care of, and get rid of you just have to be aware of the right steps to follow. We hope you have learned some useful tips on how to take care of your body when bruised, and how to get rid of bruises as quickly as possible.
Was this article helpful with healing your bruise? Do you have more tips you would like to share with us? Do you plan on giving it a go?
Let us know how to feel about the methods suggested above, and if any of them, or a combination of them proved successful for you.